The Fashionopolism Responsive Shopify theme has a layered navigation system based on the usage of product tags which allows your customers to delve further into your product collections and find the relevant items.
Within this filtering system your customers can sort by a maximum of 3 different elements.
Many use these for Color, Size or price but all filters can be renamed by clicking on themes > customise theme > edit Language > Collections
The system relies on Product Tags and is a very simple setup to execute that wields powerful results for your shoppers
- Enter your product admin
- Create or modify an existing product
- You will see an option to add tags to the product
- Add tags that you would like to use to identify your products in the filters, separated by commas Here are some examples:
S, M, L, XL, Red, Blue, Black, White,
- When you have included your tags save the product and go to Themes > Customize theme
- Open a collection page to see collection page settings.
- In the left sidebar you will see the tag entry fields. Add your tags comma separated to each of the filter boxes.
- Make sure that spelling and upper / lowercase is identical to how you entered the tags on your products!
Click save when done - this will apply filters to your collection pages that will allow customers see a refined view of the products in your store that match their filtered search.