Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
- Click on Themes > Customise theme and open the section titled: Homepage - slideshow
- You have a choice to make the slide image full width or keep it contained to a maximum 1200px - the same as the rest of the content on the site. Choose your preference.
Slideshow image heights are based on the height of the images that you choose to upload, the theme does not restrict or control those - it is imperative that all slideshow images are the same size.
Landscape oriented images are strongly recommened.
- Choose Slideshow or Video from the dropdown
- If choosing a Video - Paste in the full embed code from YouTube or other Video sharing apps.
- If Choosing a slideshow you will see image upload fields - Add your images here.
- The ALT text for your images is for SEO and accessibility purposes only - Any content added to the ALT text will not appear on the site.
- If you would like to add titles, text and buttons to the slide image make sure that the "Add text content to slide" option is enabled.
- If you only wish to show 1 image on the homepage. Add your preferences to slide 1 and make sure additional slides are unchecked.
- Add your Titles, Text, buttons and images to all slides where needed and click Save