Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
Within this filtering system your customers can sort by a maximum of 3 different elements.
Many use these for Color, Size or price but all filters can be renamed by clicking on themes > customise theme > edit Language > English > Collections
The system relies on Product Tags and is a very simple setup to execute that wields powerful results for your shoppers
- Enter your product admin
- Create or modify an existing product
- You will see an option to add tags to the product ( these have no SEO use, don't get confused here )
- Add tags that you would like to use to identify your products in the filters, separated by commas Here are some examples:
S, M, L, XL, Red, Blue, Black, White, Green, Silk, Cotton, Linen,
- When you have included your tags save the product and go to Themes > Customise Theme
- Click on Collection page and scroll to the bottom of this section.
- You will see some text boxes. In the color box add your color tags:
Red, Blue, Black, White, Green,
- In the Size box enter your size options:
S, M, L, XL
- In the Last box you can choose a Title - for the demo lets call it: Material and add some material tags
Silk, Cotton, Linen,
- Make sure that spelling and upper / lowercase is identical to how you entered the tags on your products! If these do not match identically to the tags on your products it will not work.
- Apply the settings - you are all done!