Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
The popup contains a Cookie that stops this from being displayed on that customers browser for 7 days.
You can enable or disable this popup easily - click on themes > theme settings and open the section titled: Newsletter
To enable Check or uncheck the box marked "Enable Mailing List Popup on page load"
To use the mailing list function on your site you will need a Mailchimp account.
** Mailchimp is free up to 2,000 subscribers**
- 1. Go to www.mailchimp.com and sign up or sign in if you have an account.
- Once you have an account click on Lists and create list ( if you do not already have one
Lists are where your email subscribers live once they have joined your mailing list.
- Once you have created a list click on Lists again in your Sidebar to return to the overview.
- Click on your preferred list ( if you have more than one )
- Choose: signup forms
- Choose: Embedded Forms
- Click on Super Slim
- On the bottom right you will see Copy / Paste onto your site - We only need a small part of this.
Copy this content and paste it into a text editor like Word or notepad
* Do not copy and paste this directly to your Shopify theme?
- On Line 9 You will see content that begins with:
Copy the full address in between " and " do not include those quotes, only what is inbetween them.
If the text you have selected contains: method="post" you have copied too much.
- Once you have the correct section return to your Newsletter section within your theme and paste this small segment of the code into the Mailchimp List URL section.
Save this - Your Mailchimp Account is now connected.