When a customer subscribes to receive emails from you within the footer or within the themes email popup their details will be added to the customers section of your store.
From here you can export or sync those subscribers automatically to any email service that you use. Free Apps are available within Shopify's app store for popular email marketing services like Mailchimp and Constant contact.
If you are using the Testament theme v5 or lower ...
To use the mailing list function on your site you will need a Mailchimp account.
** Mailchimp is free up to 2,000 subscribers**
- 1. Go to www.mailchimp.com and sign up or sign in if you have an account.
- Once you have an account click on Lists and create list ( if you do not already have one
Lists are where your email subscribers live once they have joined your mailing list.
- Once you have created a list click on Lists again in your Sidebar to return to the overview.
- Click on your preferred list ( if you have more than one )
- Choose: signup forms
- Choose: Embedded Forms
- Click on Super Slim
- On the bottom right you will see Copy / Paste onto your site - We only need a small part of this.
Copy this content and paste it into a text editor like Word or notepad
* Do not copy and paste this directly to your Shopify theme?
- On Line 9 You will see content that begins with:
Copy the full address in between " and " do not include those quotes, only what is inbetween them.
If the text you have selected contains: method="post" you have copied too much.
- Once you have the correct section return to your Newsletter section within your theme and paste this small segment of the code into the Mailchimp List URL section.
Save this - Your Mailchimp Account is now connected.