Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
There are a few simple steps required to show this content within your store.
- In your Shopify admin go to: Admin > Online store > Navigation
- Click the Add Menu button to create a new menu. Create a new menu and give this a title that will be easy to remember such as: Home page collections or similar.
- Add a link to each collection that you would like to feature within this menu. The links created here must point to collections and no other type of content.
- Click save and go to the Admin > themes > customize theme page
- Click on the Home page tab and choose the Featured collections option from one of your Home page sections.
- Click the back arrow on the top left side of the Theme options sidebar and then choose the Home page - featured collections tab. You will see a dropdown menu, this is connected to your navigation.
- Choose the menu that you just created.
You will now see the Featured collections appearing on the home page of your store.
The images shown will always be the first product from each collection.
If you would like to change the image open each of those collections within your store admin and upload a Collection featured image to each - those will then show on the home page.