Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
The configuration options for your collection page are described here ( where not obvious )
1. Product Detail text alignment.
These are the product titles and pricing that is shown beneath each item in a collection
2. Show Vendor on product titles
Checking or unchecking this will allow / disallow the vendor or designer / brand to be shown on each item
3. Sale Price color
The color of the price where items are shown as "in sale"
4. Enable Quick View on product listings
This enables / disables the quick view which is shown when hovered on a collection page item
5. Show Smart Auto Linklist - Different lists for each collection.
This allows you to show a different section with links on each collection page.
This requires a little thought and configuration but is powerful and simple to setup.... here's how:
- Add Some Tags to your products to make it easy for you to create collections..
In this Instance we want to create a seperate Mens and Womens Navigation for a clothing store.
Tag products with Mens Jeans, Mens Tops, Mens Jackets, Womens Tops, Womens Jeans, Womens Jackets
- Click on Collections in your admin and create some collections containing products.
For Example a Clothes Site may stock Mens and Womens Clothing
In this Instance we will create 2 Collections... Mens and Womens
- Products will be automatically added to these collections using Tags....
For Instance the Mens Collection should look for these tags:
Mens Jeans, Mens Tops, Mens Jackets
- Once the 2 collections are created go to Navigation and create a new linklist.
- Give the menu a name - This Title must be identical to a collection in your store
In this instance we will call the link list Mens
- Add some links to the mens collection and for each link choose: Filter with tags.
Add the Tags but replace any spaces with a hyphen " - "
Link 1 should be: Mens Tops ( Collection / Mens ) Filtered: mens-tops
Link 2 should be: Mens Jeans ( Collection / Mens ) Filtered: mens-jeans
Link 3: should be: Mens Jackets ( Collection / Mens ) Filtered: mens-jackets
- Repeat these steps with a womens linklist and then save.
- Open the Mens collection in your store and you will see the new list at the top of the sidebar
click on the links to jackets, jeans and tops and the list will still be visible.
This works as the collection has never been left... Once you link out to a different collection the title changes and it will look for a different linklist.
- This unlocks real potential to offer very deep linking in collections but will need a little trial and error time to get right.