Your theme includes a Mailing list popup that appears 4-5 seconds after page load and will display once for each customer every 7 days.
To test this open your website in incognito or private mode to load without cookies this will allow the popup to show as it is not collecting the cookie limiting it's appearance to once every 7 days.
To configure the popup and the Mailing list signup box in your footer You will need to connect to a Mailchimp account:
Free up to 2,000 subscribers Mailchimp is an excellent tool for managing your list subscribers and sending email campaigns giving you import information on what links in your campaigns were popular, which customers are engaged. Mailchimp also gives you the safety and protection that you need with it's double opt-in signup process and unsubscribe management.
To connect to your Mailchimp account follow these easy steps.
1. Open Themes > customise theme in your Shopify admin
2. Open the section marked: Social Media and Email Marketing
3. At the top of this section you will see a text area where you can input a Mailchimp list URL
Follow the instructions here to grab that URL and paste it into the textarea.
4. Click Save when done.
Bonus - Control the Mailchimp thank you page
In your Shopify admin click on Pages and create a "Thank you" page which customers will see as soon as they are subscribed to your site. This page should make customers aware that they have received an email asking them to confirm their subscription, this is part of the double opt-in process to ensure that your customers are the ones subscribing.
Don't offer discount codes or any rewards here as the customer has yet to confirm their subscription!
Once you have this page ready open it in your store and copy the URL from the web address bar at the top of your browser.
1. Go to your Mailchimp account and open the Lists section. On the right of the list your subscribers are being added to click the down arrow and select: Signup forms.
2. On the next page choose: General Forms.
3. On the page you will see a section titled: Forms and response emails Click the dropdown below this and choose: Signup thank you page.
4. Add the link to your thank you page to the box provided and click save.
Customers will not be directed to this page once they add their mail address and subscribe.
There are other forms within this section of Mailchimp that can be redirected also. It is worth taking the time to read through what these offer and customise as much content as possible to keep everything on your site consistent
Note We can not offer individual theme modifications, however are happy to advise on the best Shopify resources and finding developers to work on your theme.
Want to customize your theme?
- Hey Carson small tweaks
- Expertly.help Tweaks & SEO solutions
- Task Husky ecommerce tweaks
- Shopify experts
- Updating your theme