Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
Testament V4.1 was launched on November 12th 2015
If you have a prior version of this theme you can update for free via Shopify's theme store as purchasing a theme once entitles you to all future versions of that same theme for free.
The Content included within the Homepage Options are as follow:
- 5 Image Slideshow or Video
- Featured Collections
- Featured static Page Content
- Instagram Feed
- Up to 5 Different Product Carousels
- 3 x Homepage Image Gallery Sections
- Homepage Featured Blog posts
Setting up the Home Page
Testament V3.1 Features an easy yet powerful Home page configuration that allows you to place the pre built elements that include homepage slideshow, featured product carousel, collections, instagram, blog posts and images into different positions with ease. In total there are 13 different sections that you can display on the Home Page.
To Control which elements appear and in what order in your Shopify admin click on Themes > customise theme
The 7th Option Down is labelled Home Page
You can choose from the dropdown options which content you would like to appear on the home page and in which order it will be displayed.
Showing Featured Collections on the homepage is simple following these quick steps:
1. Click on Online Store > Products > Collections in your Shopify admin and add some collections and add products to each
2. When ready Click on Online Store > Navigation
3. Create a new Link list and call it Homepage collections or something similar.
4. Add Links to each of the collections that you would like to show *All Links must point to collections*
5. Save when done
6. Go to: themes > customise theme > Homepage Collections
7. You will see a Dropdown menu in here choose the link list that you just created and click save.
Showing content from a page in your store is simple.
This content can contain text, images or video.
1. Click on Online Store > Pages in your admin and create a page
2. Add any content that you would like and click save
3. Go to: Themes > customise theme > Home page content
4. in the Dropdown provided choose the page you created and click save
This Gallery will show the 12 most recent images from your Instagram Account.
Setup requires a 0Auth Token with permission from your instagram account, follow these steps for installation...
1. Click on This Link And login to your Instagram account. This will take you to our website.
2. Follow the instructions and copy the Access token provided.
3. In your Shopify Account click on Themes > customise theme > Home page - Instagram Feed
4. In the box marked Instagram Access Token paste the long Access Token
5. In the Box marked Instagram user ID number paste the 9 digit UserID
6. Click Save
Homepage Product Carousels
You can show up to 5 Carousels featuring products from any of your collections within the homepage in any order that you prefer.
1. Click on Collections in your Shopify admin and create some collections and add products to them.
2. Click on Themes > Customise theme > Homepage Product Carousels
3. In the dropdowns provided Choose each collection that you want to show.
You can show up to 3 image Galleries on the homepage each featuring between 1 & 4 images.
Each image can be linked to any page within your store.
You may also add Text that is shown on top of the image and also sub-text that is shown on only on hover.
Open each Image Gallery to setup your chosen images, text and links.
Add the corresponding number into the Home Page section input to enable the gallery and set it's position on the page.