Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
As an example take a look at the wide image on this page:
To show these on your pages follow these simple steps.
- Open the collection page within your Shopify admin that you want to add the full width banner image to.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Edit Website SEO" link as pictured below.
- The last section in here is named: URL and handle The handle is the piece that appears right after: /collectons/ in this instance the handle is: best-selling
- Create a 1920px wide ( minimum size ) image and name it identically to the handle of your collection above in step #3. make sure it is identical, all lowercase and saved as a .jpg file.
- For this example our image would be called: best-selling.jpg If your collection handle is called: dresses then you would be saving the image as: dresses.jpg
- When ready click on Admin > settings > files and upload your image. You need to do nothing more here.
- Go back to the collection and inside the collection description add just this: [banner] and click save
This will now add that image to the top of this collection page, you may add any additional content to the collection description, this will appear a little further down the page. Click Save and repeat for your other collections.