Looking to access your theme's code or language options with Shopify's new theme editor layout?
In your Shopify admin click on Online store > Themes
Next to the theme that you want to edit click on the Menu button which is a small square with 3 blue dots
This will open a submenu of options which includes: Edit HTMl / CSS and Edit Language
Within this filtering system your customers can sort by a maximum of 3 different elements.
For instance you might like for your customers to filter by
Within a Collection in Shopify, the only way to filter the view of products is to use Product Tags and is a very simple setup to execute that wields powerful results for your shoppers
- Enter your product admin
- Create or modify an existing product
- You will see an option to add tags to the product ( these have no SEO use, don't get confused here )
- Add tags that you would like to use to identify your products in the filters, separated by commas Here are some examples:
S, M, L, XL, Red, Blue, Black, White, Green, Silk, Cotton, Linen,
- When you have included your tags save the product and go to Themes > Customise theme
- Look for Collection Page Sorting Options
- You will see some text boxes. each of those boxes represents a dropdown which will appear on the customer side - add your tags to these... For box one you might use:
Red, Blue, Black, White, Green,
- For Box 2 you could use:
S, M, L, XL
- In the Last box you might use.
Silk, Cotton, Linen,
- Make sure that spelling and upper / lowercase is identical to how you entered the tags on your products!
- Apply the settings - you are all done!
To re-title these click on: themes > customise theme > theme options ( top left ) and click on Edit Languages
On the next page choose the Collections Tab.
scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the Filter options which can be renamed.
Click save when done,